Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chapter 7: Do That To Me One More Time

[Jae Wook]

Music: Shinhwa - Voyage (continued from the last chapter)

It was better than I’d thought. I’d rehearsed this scene with Dong Hae so many times… not the kissing scene… duh... the whole plan to bring her on that motorcycle ride, to bring her to the jetty and the picnic, then the fireworks. I’d wanted the fireworks to happen before I kissed her. I wasn’t even banking on getting kissed, but here we were, lip to lip. It felt like a connection of 2 souls.

I pulled away slowly and looked at her. Her lips were a little red from the kiss, her face was flushed, her eyelids were heavy; I wanted to just kiss her forever.

“Sierra,” I whispered her name, and she smiled.

“What was that about?” she said softly.

“I…”

Great… I’m back to being a dweeb again.

“You know,” she said. “You didn’t have to do so much if all you wanted was a kiss.”

“Huh?” was all I could say, and she smiled mischievously.

“I’d have kissed you that day, outside my house, if you’d asked.”

I laughed softly when I remembered that day. I felt the tension between us. It was like as if that accidental romp on the bed had made us feel… unfulfilled.

“Do you make it a habit to plan to kiss guys on the first day you meet them?” I joked.

“Only those who take a punch for me,” she giggled, and she sneezed.

“Are you cold?”

We’d been so engrossed with the kiss and the fireworks; we’d almost forgotten that night had already fallen.

“Let’s get you home,” I said as I put an arm around her and rubbed her shoulder to keep her warm.

“In a minute,” she said as she made herself comfortable and laid her head on my shoulder.

Well… I could barely argue when the girl of my dreams wants to lay her head on my shoulder and let me put my arm around her. We stayed there for almost another hour, before we decided we’d had enough of the cold wind.

I drove her right up to her doorstep. She wobbled when she got off the bike, probably because the ride from the beach to her house took a little longer than it did from our school.

“Kwaench’ana?” I asked as I steadied her.

“I’m okay,” she said as she took off her helmet.

I laughed at her daze expression. No wonder she’d been silent for half the journey… she’d been sleeping.

“You fell asleep?” I asked her.

“Kinda,” she smiled sheepishly.

“Did you drool on my back?” I said as I tried to check the back of my blazer; we were still in our uniforms.

“I had a helmet on,” she reminded me. “All the drool would be collected in here,” she said as she handed the helmet over to me.

I pretended to peer into the helmet to check for drool.

“Hmm… it is kinda damp,” I said as I squinted at the helmet under the dim street lights.

“I did not drool,” she protested.

“But I swear… the helmet is damp…” I said in a very serious tone.

“Where?” she asked me as she grabbed it from me to inspect it herself.

“There…” I said as I pointed at a spot on the helmet.

“Odi?” she asked, still looking.

I couldn’t help but laugh. It was refreshing to realize that she was actually a little gullible. I wasn’t such a dweeb after all.

“Opso...” I finally said.

“Yah!” she exclaimed and tossed me the helmet.

Good thing I had pretty fast reflexes, and I caught it just before it hit my face.

“Good catch,” she smiled and started walking to the side gate.

“You’re going in now?” I asked her.

“Yea…” she said as she turned to face me. “Am I not allowed into my house yet?”

“No… I mean…” I mumbled.

Dweeb!!!

“Ah…” she said, as she smiled knowingly.

She walked towards me, leant forward, and kissed me on the cheek.

Music: Super Junior - Marry U

“Good night,” she said and opened the gate, while I stood there, a little stunned from her kiss attack.

“Good night,” I finally mustered since she was standing at her gate, waiting for me to say goodbye.

She just smiled, and closed the gate, not taking her eyes off me.

“Asa!!!” I said as soon as I heard her footsteps getting further away from the gates.

“I guess you scored?” I heard a voice come from behind me.

I turned around and gave a shout when I saw who it was.

“S-S-Sang Hoon hyung,” I stammered.

His long dark hair had been bleached. I wonder why he did that. Was this look in style now? This was the 2nd time I’ve seen someone sport it; the first was that gangster, Han Kyung.

“Wae? Do I look scary?” he laughed as he touched his hair consciously.

“A little,” I said.

“My friends dared me to,” he explained. “Sounds a bit juvenile, I know. I’m planning to dye it back before my father returns.”

“Good idea,” I said.

“My long hair is already enough of an annoyance for him,” he smiled.

“I guess I’ll go now,” I said as I put on the helmet and straddled the bike.

“Wait a minute,” he said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

“Ne?”

“Did you take my baby sister out on that thing?” he asked me.

“Erm… only for a short distance,” I lied.

“Are you sure?” he asked me.

“Yes,” I said.

“You’d better be. If I hear of you taking her on long distance trips with that thing, my brother and I are gonna kick your ass. Araji?”

“Ne,” I said.

“The number plate’s familiar. Does this bike belong to you?” he asked.

“It’s a friend’s,” I admitted.

“Is his surname Lee?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“That brat,” he laughed.

“What’s wrong?”

“This bike,” he said. “It doesn’t belong to your friend.”

“Chintcha?”

“Dong Hae’s your friend?” he asked me.

“Yea,” I said.

“Well, it belongs to his elder brother, Dong Wook.”

“I see. Then I’d better return it before he gets in trouble.”

“You’d better. I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of Dong Wook’s temper,” he laughed. “See you around,” he said, as he too went in through the side gate.

I drove towards the bus stop near Sierra’s house, and sure enough, Dong Hae was waiting there as we’d agreed.

“What took you so long?” he said, his tone nervous.

“I got held up,” I said.

“By?”

“Sierra’s brother.”

“Which one?”

“Your brother’s friend,” I said.

“Oh… but both her brothers are friends of my brother,” he said.

“Sang Hoon,” I said.

“Damn… he’s so gonna tell hyung,” Dong Hae bit his lip.

“Then I suggest you take this bike home before your hyung kills you,” I said. “Thanks for allowing me to borrow it.”

“No problem,” he said. “I’ll go now.”

“Okay… bye,” I said as I waved him off, then waited for the next bus to come and take me home.

******

Celebrity Tidbits

I'm not sure if anyone ever noticed... Lee Dong Wook, the actor, and Lee Dong Hae, from Super Junior, both have almost the same names, and coincidentally, they kinda look alike. They're not related... but since the resemblance is there, I've always wanted to make them brothers in a fic ^_^ If you don't believe me... look up their photos. If I find some, I'll post them here.

2 comments:

Dani said...

sierra i almost killed you for that cold “You know,” she said. “You didn’t have to do so much if all you wanted was a kiss.” Well, it sounded a bit cold when i read it -_-

시에라 (Sierra) said...

Hehehe! Gotcha!!! ^_^ I feel so lonely... you seem to be the only one commenting here... :( Hug me... T_T