Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chapter 3: He's Hot!

“What’s wrong with you, Sierra?” Hee Chul exclaimed, then realized he’d spoken too soon.

Walking towards us was my biggest crush… my dream boy… the ultimate king-ka… Choi Si Won.

Music: Big Bang - We Belong Together


I’m sorry… but I had to use this picture since I had to make a point on how hot he really is. He sizzles!!! Choi Si Won… he’s in my class, his father owns one of the largest supermarket chains in all of South Korea… and did I mention he was hot?

“Upsie-daisie,” Sung Min said, and they pushed me back onto my two feet.

The 2nd bell rang, and that prompted all the other students, except the privileged kids, to rush to class.

“Si Won!” I managed to squeak, just as he was walking past.

“O… Sierra,” he smiled, and I felt like I was going to faint again.

“Hi, Si Won,” Hee Chul smiled. “You’re looking good. Been working out lately?”

“Not much. I spent most of my holidays in Africa with the Peace Corps,” he said.

Rich… and gives a damn about the world. Where else can you find a nicer guy?

“Are you going for the class trip next month?” I asked him.

“Yes,” he said.

“Nice,” Hee Chul answered for me. “Don’t we need to get to class?”

“Yea…” Si Won said. “Let’s go,” he added, and we allowed him to lead the way.

Just as we were entering the classroom, Si Won’s path was blocked by a tall, lanky guy.

“Shillaehamnida,” Si Won said.

“Oh,” the guy said as he turned around and stepped out of the way.

It was the guy my driver nearly ran over this morning.

“It’s okay,” Si Won smiled. “After you,” he said.

“After you,” the guy replied. “I need to wait for sonsaengnim.”

“Okay,” Si Won said, and we walked in after him.

Let’s pause the story for a moment. You’ve met most of the main characters by now, and I bet you must be thinking, “These are all nice, rich kids… where’s the joy in the whole story?” Well… it’s coming up…. ^_^

I was wondering why I had never seen him in school before. Turns out that he’s the new transfer student. He was as tall as Si Won, maybe taller. Slim, and yet not skinny. He looked like a Japanese model… at least that’s what I noticed the moment I looked at him. But too bad he had on these glasses that made him look kinda geeky.

“Hi,” I smiled at him as I walked past.

“Erm… hi,” he replied and he forced on a smile.

It was as if he was afraid of me or something. Did I look scary?

“Do I look alright today?” I whispered to Hee Chul as we took out seats next to each other.

“Why do you ask?”

“Cos that guy looked like I was going to eat him alive,” I said.

“Well… you tend to forget your queen-ka status, don’t you? That poor boy was terrified because he was in awe of your presence,” Hee Chul said.

“You’re crazy,” I laughed, and I sneaked a peek at the new guy who was still standing outside the classroom. He too was peeking at me.

[Jae Wook’s POV]

She caught me looking at her… I could feel my face turning red. I saw her telling that guy off in the hallways on my way to the teacher’s room, earlier. She sure was a spit-fire. And yet, she could turn into such a sweet, friendly girl in just a blink of an eye. Which was the real her?

“Ahem,” the teacher cleared his throat, and I jumped at the suddenness of his appearance.

I bowed, and he signaled for me to follow him in.

“This is our new transfer student, Kim Jae Wook,” the teacher introduced me. “Be nice.”

“Annyeong,” I said, and I bowed. “Kim Jae Wook-imnida. Pangapseumnida.”

“Take a seat next to Choi Si Won,” the teacher said.

“Ne,” I bowed again, and went to take my seat next to the guy I’d bumped into earlier.

“Choi Si Won,” he smiled and held out his hand.

“Kim Jae Wook,” I smiled back, and shook his hand.

“Are you local?” he asked.

“My mother’s Korean, my father’s Japanese,” I answered.

“You must get that all the time,” he said.

“I do,” I replied. “But I guess the chicks would dig it, wouldn’t they?” I laughed.

“I guess,” he said, and he laughed.

Hours flew past, and it was soon lunch break. I followed behind the crowd, towards the cafeteria, got my food, and found an empty table to sit at.

“Yah! Kim Jae Wook!” someone said as he plonked down his tray on my table.

“Yes?” I replied as I looked up.

“Wow… you sure are cool,” he said, as he started sitting down.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“Do you know who you’re sitting next to?” he asked me as he stabbed his bottle of drink with a straw.

“Choi Si Won?”

“And do you know what’s his status in our school?” he asked me.

“Erm…”

“The ultimate king-ka…” he finished for me.

“So?”

“You’re lucky he’s even talking to you,” he said, and stuffed a spoonful of rice into his mouth. “He’s usually a man of a few words.”

“He’s just being nice to a new classmate, and his new partner,” I said, and I started eating my lunch.

“Yea… he’s just being nice. So don’t think you’re going to get to have lunch at his table,” he scoffed; a single grain of rice flew out of his mouth onto my tray.

I looked at the grain of rice sitting on the edge of my tray, then back up at him.

“Oops,” he smiled, and reached over to flick it off for me. “Mianhae…”

“Who are you anyway?” I asked him.

“Me?” he smiled. “I’m Lee Dong Hae,” he said, and looked at me expectantly.

“And you are…”

“Nobody,” he sighed. “We’re nobodies.”

“And your point is?”

“That’s why we need to stick to each other,” he said.

“Why?”

“I see potential in you,” he said.

“Potential in me? For what?”

“I can make you king-ka,” he said.

“Right…” I laughed.

“I’ve seen the way you looked at Sierra,” he teased. “And I know you like what you see.”

“Sierra?”

“That pretty girl who sits next to that pretty boy, Kim Hee Chul.”

So her name’s Sierra…

“She’s a beautiful girl. So?”

“She’s also the school’s ultimate queen-ka,” he said. “You don’t even look at her… unless you consider yourself a king-ka like Choi Si Won.

“So you’re telling me she’s his other half?”

“Duh…. So in order to become a king-ka, you’ll need to consult me,” he said, in flourish, like as if he was the hottest thing since sliced bread.

“Erm… if you’re such a know-it-all, why aren’t you a king-ka?” I pointed out.

“Well…” he said, and suddenly, he didn’t look too upbeat about the idea anymore. “I’m too short,” he said, and sniffed.

“If it’s any consolation to you, I think you’d make great king-ka material yourself,” I said.

“Komawo,” he smiled and continued chattering.

I spent the whole lunch hour listening to Dong Hae chattering about how he’s going to make me a star. Meanwhile, I couldn’t help but steal glances at Sierra, who was sitting just a few tables away with her clique, whom Dong Hae had helpfully introduced as the “Pretty Boys”. I’ve had girlfriends before, but for once, here is a girl who intrigued me, to the point of me becoming a total dweeb. From the looks of the school I’ve landed myself in, I’d better not be a dweeb, or I’m going to end up like Dong Hae.

1 comment:

Dani said...

KJW~ *faint*

I like how I clicked the link to see Si Won's sexy pic XD