Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chapter 4: Freaky Time!!!

[Sierra’s POV]

The last bell had just rang. I packed up my stationery and stood up to leave the classroom.

“Where to, Sierra?” Hee Chul asked me.

“Home,” I said. “I’m kinda pooped today.”

“Nuna!!!” Sung Min squealed and rushed into the classroom. “Can we go home with you? We just love hanging out at your place!”

“Didn’t you hear?” Hee Chul said. “Your Sierra nuna is tired. You shouldn’t bug her at her home.”

“But I want to go to nuna’s house…” he whined.

“It’s alright Hee Chul. As long you guys stay in the entertainment room.”

“Chongmal?” Sung Min squealed again.

“Ne,” I smiled, and reached out to ruffle his hair.

We were walking out the school gates, when we ran into my other pain…

Music: Shinhwa feat. David Kim - We Can Get It On


Han Kyung… aka Freaky Dude, as Hee Chul likes to call him because of his bleached hair. His father is the head of the biggest gang in Seoul, and he is the heir apparent. He goes to the private boys’ school nearby, which may explain why he likes to venture onto our turf to pick up chicks.

“Sierra, baby…” he smiled. “Jui jin hao ma?” (How have you been lately?)

Han Kyung’s mother is Chinese, hence the use of Mandarin at really weird times. I guess he thinks that it makes him seem sexier, speaking a foreign language and all, but since I was half-Chinese myself, I didn’t find it at all impressive. He must think we have some relation in that sense. In way… it’s as delusional as Ee Teuk thinking that he and I have some connection.

“Kan dao ni jiu bu hao…” I quipped. (Not well, now that you're here.)

“Hey, hey… do you always have to be this nasty when we meet?” he said as he tried to put an arm around me.

Granted he wasn’t greasy like Ee Teuk. He knew where he stood and he knew how to work it, but he’s still freaky. I mean… look at that hair!

“Get off!” I said, as I tried to shrug out of his arms.

If you’re wondering where Hee Chul and Sung Min were, they’d already scampered off to hide behind a lamp post since they were both terrified of Han Kyung.

“Hey!” a guy’s voice came from behind us, and we all turned around.

There stood Kim Jae Wook, the new transfer.

“Take your hands off her,” he said.

“Who?” Han Kyung said, pretending he couldn’t hear.

“It’s alright,” I said. “I can handle him.”

“Oh… you mean her?” Han Kyung gestured to me, and then planted a kiss on the side of my head.

“Eww!” I squealed, and started rubbing the spot he’d kissed.

Jae Wook walked forward, and pushed Han Kyung off me.

“What the…” Han Kyung bit out.

The gang he had brought with him immediately rushed forward, but he spread out his arms, signaling for them to stop.

“Well, well, Sierra…” he said. “When did you get a new bodyguard?”

“None of your business,” I said.

Jae Wook stepped in front of me, facing Han Kyung, to shield me.

“Look at him,” Han Kyung sneered as he prodded Jae Wook on the chest. “At least let me offer you one of my guys. This guy’s all bones. How can he protect you?”

“Wanna bet?” Jae Wook said.

“Jae Wook,” I called out, and tried to pull him back.

“You wanna fight me?” Han Kyung said; his tone incredulous.

“Yea,” Jae Wook said.

He threw down his satchel and shrugged off his blazer, but before he could react, Han Kyung delivered his first punch.

[Jae Wook’s POV]

I woke up in a daze and my face hurt like crazy.

“He’s awake!” I heard someone squeal and I could feel my headache coming back.

“Jae Wook,” I heard her call out to me, and I opened my eyes slowly.

My vision started to clear, and I saw her…

“How are you feeling?” she asked me.

“I’m fine,” I said. “What happened?”

“You got knocked out by Han Kyung,” another voice said.

I turned to look and saw the pretty boy, Kim Hee Chul.

“I was?” I groaned.

I racked my brain, trying to recall what had happened. Did that jerk really knock me out with just 1 punch?

This is all Dong Hae’s fault…

“Look! Isn’t that Sierra,” Dong Hae said as he shook my arm.

We were walking towards the school gates when we saw Sierra being harassed by this freaky blond guy.

“Whoa… isn’t that Han Kyung?” Dong Hae exclaimed.

“Who is he?” I asked him.

“He’s from another school and his dad’s the head of the biggest gang in Seoul.”

“What does he want with Sierra?”

“He’s always had a crush on her,” Dong Hae said. “Don’t we all.”

“Hmm,” I said.

“Here’s your chance,” Dong Hae grabbed my arm as I was about to walk away. “Go save her!”

“Are you crazy? Didn’t you just say his father was a gang leader?”

“Well,” he shrugged. “You have to start somewhere,” he said.

“I will not,” I said.

I had enough problems with the mafias as it is. I didn’t need another on my back.

“Hey!” Dong Hae yelled in their direction, and ran off as fast as he could.

The freak and Sierra turned, and both of them were staring at me. It’s now or never…

“Take your hands off her,” I said, and boy… do I regret saying that.

“Are you alright?” Sierra asked again.

“I’m fine,” I smiled.

Bad idea… it hurt my face more.

“Would you like some water?” she asked me, and I nodded.

Hee Chul and the other pretty boy, Sung Min, helped me up, and Sierra brought a glass of water to my lips.

“You didn’t have to come to my rescue,” she said. “I can handle Han Kyung.”

“Really?” I asked her.

“Well… he would have left eventually,” she said.

“But not before taking advantage of you,” I reminded her.

“That’s nothing,” she smiled. “Han Kyung and I go way back.”

“I see. So I was interrupting reconciliation?”

“Not exactly,” she grimaced.

“Hey Sierra,” Hee Chul suddenly piped up. “Me and Sung Min will be in the entertainment room if you need us.”

“But I wanna stay here,” Sung Min whined, and Hee Chul just dragged him out with an apologetic smile on his face.

“Komawo,” she said.

“For what?” I asked.

“For taking that hit for me,” she said.

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine,” I said and I tried to sit up.

“Why don’t you rest some more?” she said.

“I’ve intruded long enough. I should get home,” I said.

I swung my foot off the bed and stood up quickly, too quickly. Bad idea… I suddenly felt dizzy and started to fall back down towards the bed.

“Careful,” she said, as she tried to steady me, but obviously she couldn’t, since I was heavier, and she fell on top of me.

“Oww…” I groaned as our bodies collided.

“Mian,” she said, as she tried to get up, but our arms and legs seemed to have entangled themselves with each other.

This is the pain of being tall… your limbs get in the way. But then again, this is kinda nice, being close to her. I could smell her perfume, and she smelled heavenly. The other plus was, her face was just inches away, and I could’ve kissed her if I wanted to.

“Ahem!” we suddenly heard a voice, and we both froze. “What are you both doing?”

A guy stood at the door, glaring at the both of us.

“Oppa…” she exclaimed, and suddenly, as if we had been performing some magic show, our limbs disentangled and she could sit up on the bed.

Oppa? He sure didn’t look like her brother. Was he her boyfriend?

No comments: